Monday, February 1, 2010

Photographers, Food, and Registering

I can't believe that we are only 4 months away. Its all really excited and not stressful really. We found our photographer right after Christmas and are so so so excited to work with them. I wanted to write a huge long update about meeting them but January was busy and I didn't take the time to do it.

We ended up posting an ad on craigstist for a photographer and no one who responded was really exciting us. That is until Doug and Katherine responded. Their email was well written and modest. Once I clicked the link I was sold. I showed Stacy and on of my groomsmen, Santi. They both really liked them too. So Doug, Katherine, and I emailed back and fourth for a bit and set up a date to meet in early January.

Stacy and I were a bit nervous to meet them. But once we got to the cafe we were going to be meeting at we settled in. When they arrived they had some suggestions on what to order and we all sat down. We got along instantly. We talked about wedding stuff, music stuff, life, and of course Stacy was nice enough to let me geek out about photography with them. Before we knew it it was 2 hours later and we needed to drive the rest of the way home (we met in Cambria). We finished talking about the wedding stuff and hit the road.

We got in the car and that is when it hit that this wedding is coming along really well and the things we envisioned for it are happening. We started getting really excited.

A few days later Stacy's mom got a lead on an awesome Mexican food place that would be a very affordable solution to our catering dilemma. Stacy's folks went to eat there the next night and reported that it was super good and that we should come down and try it. So we will be going down South again over Valentines weekend to try the food and see the family.

Registering for a wedding is crazy, guys. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. But there is so much to think about and if you do it at a store its intense!

Stacy and I registered yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond. We had been thinking about it and had wanted to do it all on Amazon but Frank and Jodie pointed out that some people don't like to buy stuff online and some people will want to get stuff to bring to the actual wedding rather then sending it before.

We went to the El Cerrito store and were helped out by an awesome guy named Hugo. He set up our registry account and showed us some stuff at the desk. I thought he would hand the little scanner to us and we would be on our way but he informed us that at BB&B they walk with you. At first I was thinking that I would rather do this with just Stacy. But once we started it was great. He was super honest about his opinion on all of the stuff and also what a lot of other couples do. I tend to think we aren't like most other couples but its good to remember that we are probably more like them then I know and it helps with ideas too.

We walked around the store for 3 hours! It was nuts. And most of the kitchen stuff I had decided to register for on Amazon so we skipped a huge part of the store. But we found everything we were looking for and put a lot of great stuff on there. We walked out of the store exhausted and drove home to chill.

So next on the list is trying the food in a few weeks and then getting fitted for a tux which my mom is coming up for! I am stoked about that. She will get to meet Wes and Santi and hang out with all of us. John, Frank, and I always make her laugh a lot and that will be really fun.

It's going to go by fast but I am going to make it a point to step back and take it in.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, and I'm glad things are going smoothly for you guys: I'm super excited for you!
    Congratulations again, you crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! you guys are making awesome progress! its great that you guys are doing blogs for this so everyone can keep up :)

    ReplyDelete